What precautions should we take during an earthquake?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
During an earthquake, the following precautions should be taken:
1. Stay away from windows, mirrors, and any other objects that can fall.
2. Drop to the ground, take cover under a heavy piece of furniture or other structure, and hold on to the structure until the shaking stops.
3. If you are in bed when the shaking starts, stay there and cover your head with a pillow.
4. Do not try to leave the building during the shaking as this may cause you to get injured.
5. Do not use elevators or stand near them during an earthquake.
6. If you are outdoors, move away from buildings, power lines, trees, and other objects that may fall.