Uses of Stones and Importance of Stones
In modern construction work, Stones are used in a large amount as a huge demand. Following are uses:
- Stones are used for the base preparation of different constructions and also they act as important Stones are used for general building works like in foundation, floors covering, masonry works etc.
- Stones are used for the ornamental and architectural beauty of different types of structures.
- Generally, they are used for railway ballast and as an aggregate in cement and lime concretes.
- Stones are used in the manufacturing of iron.
- Sometimes, Stones are used for making fireproof structures.
- Generally, stones are used as a construction material of different structures likes dams, columns, bridges piers, harbors etc.
- Limestone acts as a flux in the manufacturing cement and lime.
- . Stones are used for the base preparation of different constructions and also they act as an important material in road manufacturing and footpath laying.
- a stone layer may be used as a damp proof course (DPC) in structures made up of other structural units such as bricks, hollow blocks etc.
- Stone may be used as stone dust in place of sand, where sand is not available.
You may also like
- Different types of scaffolding
- Properties of Cement
- Different varieties of cement
- Common Tests on Building Stones
- Acid Tests on Stones
- Microscopic Test on stones
- Smith Test on Stones