Construction and building maintenance are some of the most dangerous works, especially when working on the roof. A significant amount of life risk from falls from high altitudes always remains as soon as you go higher than two meters or more above the ground. The maintenance process of any house may require climbing up on the roof or the ceiling of the attic.
No matter if you are a house owner, a builder, or a worker, having the best roof access systems is a must to ensure the safety of your workers. Not only is that, but the right amount of safety is also positively proportionate to the peace of your mind.
Also Read: What Is Roof And Its Types
So, get rid of the faulty gadgets and poor accessories and get equipped with the best of the systems available in the market and that’s where roof access systems step in.
Why Choose a Safe Roof Access System?
There are clear regulations from the government regarding the measures to be taken to ensure the safety of the workers. The regulation has instructions for the employers that they must provide their workers with the following conditions:
- Fencing, secure perimeter screens, handrails, and other barriers that can prevent falls.
- Any other physical restraints that can potentially prevent or arrest a fall when working at a height of 2 meters or more.
- Equipment for safe movement between the several levels at the workplace.
Hence, if you do not satisfy the criteria mentioned above, that means you are trying to put your workers exposed to the risks which may drag you into legal problems. So, it would be prudent of you if you take care to implement all these measures at the worksites. Moreover, the process of installing these safety measures is not that tough of expensive at all. There are many cheap and easy methods of installing the safest roof access systems.
How Does A Safe Roof Access System Work?
The main goal of these systems is to prevent any significant injury or death of any worker due to a sharp fall from heights at the work sites. A roof brace point is securely attached to the workers to provide reliable support against direct fall to the ground. In this process, safe anchor points and roof access points are first installed on the roof at a uniform distance.
Also Read: Types Of Tiles In Building Construction
The workers attach themselves to those points with their safety harnesses and then get started with their work at heights.
How to Choose a Safe Roof Access System?
Choosing products that are substantially tested and widely used by professionals is always a safe option. Professional workers, who work every day under these high-risk circumstances will be able to tell you what makes any product a good system and how you can judge a poorly designed item.
- Different buildings have different types of roofs. Choose a system that is ideal for the kind of roof you have.
- This is important as the poorly selected or installed system can increase the pendulum effect created with the accidental fall.
- Check the product if it will be able to meet all the safety standards when evaluating the industrial roof.
- Assessing the design and abilities of the safety point while looking for an anchor point is vital. The access points with 360-degree accessibility are ideal as they can provide the high-security level with a fewer number of anchor points.
One of the significant reasons why the installation of such security systems is becoming prevalent in all different types of buildings is that they are extremely easily accessible and affordable.
But installing proper and good quality access systems are utterly crucial as someone’s life and death will be dependent on them.
Also Read: What Is Scaffolding? Components, Types And Construction Of Scaffolding
Leave a comment