Brard’s Test on stones
This is carried out to know the behavior of stone against frost action. That’s is why this is also known as frost test.
Procedure: In this test few pieces of stone specimen are immersed in boiling ( Concentrated) solution of sulfate of soda.
After this is kept suspended for few days and reweighed. the loss in weight indicated the effects of frost action.
Must Read Other Powerful Articles
- Different types of scaffolding
- Basic Knowledge about Bridge Engineering
- Properties of Cement
- Different varieties of cement
- Common Tests on Building Stones
- Acid Tests on Stones
- Microscopic Test on stones
- Smith Test on Stones