Adding a fresh coat of paint can enhance the interior and exterior appearance of your house. It is an easy and cost-effective way to increase the value of your property. However, choosing a reliable and skilled professional is important to get the job done efficiently and avoid poor workmanship. Hiring a professional residential painting contractor also helps save you time and money. So, in this post, we’ll be sharing some important tips for finding a good painting contractor. Let’s dive deep to learn more.
Benefits of Hiring a Good Painting Contractor
Before we jump into the tips for finding a painting contractor company you must be familiar with the benefits of having a professional for house painting –
- Painting the house is exciting but choosing the right colors can be confusing. This is where a professional can provide you with the required guidance. With their years of experience, they can help you make an informed decision about the color choice.
- Every man does his own business best so it is better and wise to let the house painters do their business. When you hire painting contractors you have professionals knowing the correct method of color application, when and where to apply a coat, and other such important things.
- If you try DIY painting you may end up choosing the wrong color or tools for painting. It will ultimately result in unnecessary expenses. Hiring professionals save your money and ensure peace of mind.
- From cleaning the mess after painting to clearing all your paint-related doubts, having a professional painting company is the assurance of top-quality services.
Tips to Find a Good Painting Company
Below we have listed some important tips that will help you find reliable painting services –
1. Get Referrals for Painters in Your Area
If you want to find a good painting contractor in your local area, the simplest and most trustworthy way is to get referrals. If you know someone from your friends, relatives, or colleagues who has recently taken regular painting services you can ask them. They can guide you best according to their experience. Moreover, you can also ask professionals like real estate agents. Make a list of all the suggestions then start your own research.
2. Search Online and Check Reviews
The Internet is a valuable resource and the search engine Google has all our answers. So, when looking for a house painter you can consider taking online help. Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo can help you find a long list of painting companies in your area. Search “professional painters near me” and shortlist the one meeting your requirements. You can also check out various sites such as Houzz, and Yelp for verified and unbiased reviews.
3. Get Estimates from Painting Contractors
Budget plays an important role in hiring painting services. So, you must get estimates from several contractors to get an idea about the overall cost. You can also compare the prices and choose one within your budget. Moreover, the cost of painting also depends on several other factors like the type of paint, number of coats, or trim work. You should also know about the direct and indirect costs and ask the painting company to provide a price breakdown to ensure there are no hidden charges.
4. Schedule Interviews with Painting Professionals
Before you pick a company, you must talk to them and discuss your needs. So, based on your research and budget shortlist 3-4 companies and schedule an interview with them. Prepare a list of questions and ask everything you need to know. There should be no confusion regarding the services. Also, make the professionals familiar with your requirements.
Some important questions you must ask include –
- What is the estimated painting cost of my house?
- Are you a licensed painting company?
- What kind of tools you’ll be using for the project?
- How long have you been in the painting business and how experienced is your team?
- How long will the project take to complete?
- Are there any homes nearby that you have recently painted?
5. Sign a Contract
Once, you have finalized the painter for your house painting the last step is signing a formal contract. It must include what you are paying for and how work will be done. If you choose a reliable painting company, they will also offer a guarantee for workmanship and performance. In addition, the contract should specify the time frame decided for completing the project.
The Final Word
We hope this post helps you learn how you can find good painting services. Whether you are looking for a residential painter or a professional commercial painting contractor make sure you hire the best professional. Keep a balance of cost, quality, and schedule while finalizing the house painting contractor. Find someone who ensures to offer the highest quality services at the best prices.
Also Read: 7 Simple Wall Painting Ideas for Your Room