Building Construction Important Questions
Are you looking for Building Construction Important Questions for your interview preparation either for your Examination then we in Expertcivil have provided you with the complete details of Building Construction Important Questions.
What is Deep Foundation?
What is the shoring in construction?
Shoring is a most common technique used to reinforce below the ground excavations during any construction projects, as well as to provide a temporary reinforcement for the above ground structures which are in the process of being renovated.
What is stepped foundation?
Stepped foundation is simply type of isolated footing provided over the soil having less bearing capacity. Because of this, low soil capacity load need to be transfer over the larger area. it is also known as Stripped Foundation or Strip Footing, this is provided as a continuous, level (or sometimes stepped) strip of support to a linear structure such as a wall or closely-spaced rows of columns built centrally above them.
What are wooden partition walls?
As the name indicate, wooden walls are used as a Partition walls is known as wooden partition walls, generally it is used for the create a extra privacy between the two rooms, or halls, now days it is too famous for office buildings.
Why do we use construction joints?
A building joint is a separation created in a building that allows the component parts to move in connection to each other; a joint where two concrete placements meet. it is also known as Cold Joints.
Frequently Asked Questions in Building Construction
Very Short Answer type questions
Define the following terms
- Deep Foundation.
- Dwarf wall
- Natural bed of stone
- Skew back
- Base course
- Facia board
- Stone cladding
- Super Structure
- King Closer
- Bedding Planers
- Corner stone
- Deﬁne Pitch in stairs
- Define Flemish Bond
- Define Parapet
- Define Dampness
- Define sill
- Define Hazardous building
- Define Non-load bearing wall
- Define Header
- Define Dog legged stair
Short answer type questions
- What is stepped foundation?
- What are wooden partition walls?
- Explain construction joints.
- What is raking of joints?
- How stone arches are constructed?
- Sketch a lintel with sunshade.
- What are door closures & hold fasts?
- How will you carry out damp proofing of roofs and window sills.
- How reverse slope is provided in bathrooms and toilets?
- What is cellotex false ceiling?
- What are spiral stairs?
- Explain plastic paints.
- Explain anti termite measures for RCC foundation.
- Write the concept of vastu shastra.
- Explain wall paneling.
- Discuss is brief masonary pillars.
- When do you recommend composit masonary construction ? What are its advantages?
- Write a short note on retaining walls.
- Write short note on toothing.
- Describe the use of Lintels
- Discuss segmental Arch.
- Write a short note on cast in situ Lintels.
- Draw the sketch showing D.P.C. in basement.
- Write a short note on PVC flooring
- Explain briefly the details of arched roof.
- What points you will keep in mind while planning a staircase.
- How you will do anti termite treatment of masonary foundation
- What are the factors to be considered for selection of site for Industrial building.
- Describe brieﬂy how you will apply paint on old plastered wall in brief?
- Deﬁne Mortar. Name the two types of mortar and brieﬂy describe each type.
- Write down five essential factors to be considered while selecting a roof covering.
Long answer type questions.
- Explain the construction details & suitability of tubular scaffolding.
- Describe the method of laying bricks in walls.
- What precautions are observed during construction of walls?
- Explain briefly with sketches different types of arches.
- What are plastic and aluminium windows? Explain briefly with sketches?
- Explain the method of construction of timber floors. Give its BIS specifications.
- Explain construction suitability and uses of wooden partition walls.
- What are the principles to be observed in construction of stone masonary?
- What special care you will take during execution of stone masonary work on dressing of stone.
- Write a short note on Panel Door.
- Write a short note on Ventilators.
- Discuss special damp proofing arrangement to be done in bathrooms, WC and Kitchen.
- Discuss in detail various techniques of plastering and curing.
- Explain the remedies of Dampness
- Explain the classiﬁcation of stairs with neat sketches.
- Deﬁne the types of foundation.
- Enlist the methods of bonding new brick work with old brick work. Explain any two.
I hope you like this, please don’t forget to like our social media pages.