Precast Construction Presentation Download
Precast Concrete is a construction product produced by casting concrete in a reusable “form” which is then cured in a controlled environment, transported to the construction site and lifted into place. In contrast, standard concrete is poured into site-specific forms and cured on site.
It is also known as “prefabricated”
Precast Concrete Product
Nowadays many constructions are building through precast concrete or prefabricated concrete lets discuss the points one by one.
- Precast concrete building components and site amenities
- Earth retaining systems (Temporary excavation support)
- Sanitary and Stormwater management products
- Precast concrete transportation products
- Marine Products
- Pre-stressed / Structural Products
Civil Engineers have only used those products which are economic and which has more advantages so let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Precast Construction or Precast Products
Advantages of Precast Construction
- Concrete is cast off-site
- Identical forms can be used several times
- Batter quality control
- Control on curing
- Unaffected by weather, during casting
- Construction in less time
- Low cost (Economical)
- Waste materials can be used waste material may be ( fly ash, slag, asbestos, and compost)
- Fire resistant
- Can avoid air born pollution on site like dusting.
Disadvantages of Precast Construction
Here is given some common disadvantages of Precast Construction lets discuss one by one.
- Expensive for small projects
- Required skilled workers
- Transportation is costly or expensive for large members for small projects.
- It’s required to design and detail for transportation, erection.
- Required different sites for its production
Want to know more about Precast Construction so please download ( Precast Construction Presentation Download )